Download an Application
Support our mission and become a Visionary.
Houston Eye Associates Foundation is committed to preserving and restoring sight with comprehensive eye care surgeries, medications and ancillary services for individuals in financial hardship; and supporting education and research initiatives for the benefit of the community.
Physicians from Houston Eye Associates, other local ophthalomology practices and partnering medical professionals donate their office time and surgical skills; and Houston Eye Associates Foundation pays for hospital or surgery facilities fees, vision-saving medications, medically necessary lenses, eye glasses, cornea tissue, laboratory services, prosthetics and other ancillary services.
In 1981, physicians from the Houston Eye Associates formed the Houston Eye Associates Foundation (HEA Foundation) in efforts to meet the surgical and medical eye care needs within the community for adults and children that fell into the gap of the healthcare system. The physicians believed everyone should be provided with the most scientifically advanced medical eye care services available.
The HEA Foundation is supported solely by the generous charitable donations from individuals, grateful patients, private foundations, corporate matching gifts and two annual fundraising events. The Houston Eye Associates Foundation does not receive government or third-party funding of any other kind.
1.) A current county denial letter from the residing county indigent program is required. Patient may live in any county within Texas or its surrounding states. Listed below are a few of the most requested phone numbers for local counties.
- Angelina County - 936-634-5431
- Brazoria County - 979-864-1884
- Chambers County - 409-267-8306
- Colorado County - 979-732-9453
- Fort Bend County - 281-341-6624
- Galveston County - 409-770-5550
- Hardin County - 409-246-5189
- Harris County Health System - 713-566-6691
- Jasper County 512-458-7706
- Jefferson County - North: 409-835-8530 South: 409-938-8380
- Liberty County - 936-336-4693
- Matagorda County - 979-245-8421
- Montgomery County - 936-523-5100
- Orange County - 409-882-7838
- San Jacinto County - 936-653-2091
- Trinity County - 936-642-1736
- Waller County - 979-826-7730
- Wharton County - 979-532-5637
2.) Copy of household 2013 completed 1040 tax return. If tax return is unavailable, send proof of income, such as a W-2 or a handwritten letter from employer or supporting family/friend confirming applicant's income. If unemployed or living with family members, send proof of household income for the family.
3.) Copy of the last paystub that includes year to date figures for all working individuals in the household, or if unemployed, a copy of any financial award letters from disability, social security, or unemployment office.
4.) ONLY if applicant is younger than 18 years of age, a denial from MEDICAID/CHIPS is required. ONLY If applicant is older than 65 years of age or is receiving disability, a denial letter from MEDICARE/MEDICAID is required.
- Only send copies with your application; documents will NOT be returned to the applicant.
- Application and documents may be faxed to (713) 668-3823 or mailed to HEAF, 7155 Old Katy Road, Suite N100, Houston, Texas 77024
- Once a complete application is submitted, patient will be notified within 24 hours (business day) if their application has been accepted or denied.
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com or call (713) 558-8740 and we will respond back to you immediately.